Wednesday, December 22, 2010

3 More Sleeps!

On the 9th day of Christmas I was blessed with...
The Gift! God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son. Thanks be to God for his unspeakable gift. (inside the gift bag) What can I give Him poor as I am? If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb. If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part. What can I give Him...give my heart!

On the 10th day of Christmas...
Gingersnaps! Now that all the Christmas symbols are complete, here is a delicious old-fashioned Christmas treat!

This gift tonight was actually delivered by a person! Don't get too excited, but no, it wasn't from the giver, but rather a friend who was asked to bring it by. Hmmmm. Eli was awake as we were eating dinner as the cookies were brought & he was so excited! He wanted a cookie, so after dinner he had one. Of course, I did too & oh my goodness...those seriously are the BEST gingersnap cookies I have EVER tasted. Honestly, I have not tasted gingersnap cookies that yummy. I know Dan wants some tomorrow when he gets home...but...hmmm...I'll try honey :-).

I still am so overwhelmed & blessed by the days of Christmas. They really have been so meaningful to me.

Well, Dan comes home tomorrow night! YAY!!! Although he has to go back to San Angelo on Sunday. Eli & I are thinking about making the trip with him next week. Not sure we are going to yet, but we are thinking about it. I am just so glad to get him home for a few days! I can't even tell you.

Something for thought today...

We can learn a LOT from children. Today I was reminded about how children don't hold grudges. When a child gets mad at you for something they quickly forget about it. They move on. Laughter isn't far away & soon they are hugging you & loving you like nothing ever happened. When do we allow that to change in us? When do we become people who hold grudges? Children give people 2nd & 3rd & 4th...etc...chances & we as adults, well, what do we do? God gives us chance, after chance, after... Somehow I think the children have it right.
Why do I put this in tonight? Well, it's almost Christmas. Is there someone you are holding something against? Are you not giving them another chance? The only person you are hurting is yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment