Sunday, December 19, 2010

6 Sleeps

I can't believe that Christmas is so close! The time has gone so quick. I just realized this weekend how much I really need to do to prepare for the weekend. Oh what fun!!!
So...my days of Christmas continue. I really can't express how much this has blessed me. I really am struggling with missing home & this has helped me a lot! I feel so unworthy of the generosity shown to me. So...On the 5th day...

The Santa Ornament...Santa Claus symbolizes the generosity and good we feel during the month of December.
I thought that was wonderful! The tin, (By the way, is filled with M&M's) also has Santa on it.

Then on the 6th day...

The Candy Cane...The Candy Cane represents a shepherd's staff. The crook on the staff helps the shepherd bring back strayed sheep to the flock. The Candy Cane, therefore, is a symbol that reminds each of us that we are our brother's keeper.

Eli was still awake when this day came last night. He was SOOOO excited when we went to the door & this was on our rug. He went running outside saying, "Mommy, who is it?!" It was really cute. That was the first time he was awake. He continues to want some of the chocolate inside the candy cane, but I have told him we can have it on Christmas eve. (I need Daddy around when he has chocolate. ;-) ). He kept asking me who left it there. His idea is Santa. He told me that Santa was loving me. It is a Santa Bubba...just maybe not the Santa you think.

I'm excited to see these days through to the end. I know I keep saying it, but I'm still in shock.

Today, Advent week #4...Love. "Worship Fully, Love All" Pastor Doug read the love chapter. He talked about how Christmas is Love, but Love is more than a feeling. Love is more than loving the lovable. He reminded us that People need loving the most when they deserve it the least. WOW. Love is the key ingredient in the true Christmas. God loved us enough to send his son. Pastor Doug continued to challenge us to show love this Christmas. Not necessarily to ones who it's easy to love & not necessarily for them to know it was you. We can show love anonymously. (Kind of like someone is doing to me right now). He also asked us...if you could on Christmas day give away the one gift that you got that you really wanted. Could you give that to someone who truly needed it? Hmmm.... Love. "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres." I Corinthians 13:4, 7 (NIV)

What a blessing it has been for me to go through the advent weeks this year. So many challenges to me. Thank you Lord for the things you taught me.

Other than that stuff the weekend was a bit normal. Eli continues to be afraid during the night & has ended up in my bed with me almost every night this past week. He talks about it through the day & states that he won't be scared, but...ends up "hearing a noise." What can I say? He's my son.

Eli informed me today that he changed what he asked Santa for. He said he now wants a big dragon thing. I asked if he still wanted the big riding truck...his reply..."Of course, but I also need a big dragon thing." LOL. Good thing Nanny & Poppy got the dragon castle for him.

Scoot continues to be looked for with excitement every morning. Today he asked me if I put him where he was. I just asked him what he thought...he told me, no, you can't touch him. He flew there. Phew. Got out of that one. LOL. That little boy is so full of energy. :-) Gotta love him.

No comments:

Post a Comment