Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Full Wednesday

So, first let me tell you that thankfully Elijah has been sleeping MUCH better lately. In fact, he is starting to sleep in a little for me. Okay, so 7AM isn't exactly my idea of sleeping in, but it is an improvement from 5:45!!! I am so proud of him & he has been acting better through the day when he sleeps well. Let me just say that the last 2 days have been wonderful!

Today the calendar actually had stuff on it! This morning we didn't have to rush to get out of the house, but we decided that it was time to cut the curls. Eli's hair was getting out of control. I tossed around the idea of letting it grow until the spring/summer hair cut, but it was getting crazy. So, I decided to try the salon in Walmart for him. So, off we went. As a result, I got my grocery shopping done & his haircut all in one stop. NICE!

Here is a picture of the "new" due.
While at Walmart Eli wanted to look at the toys, as usual. He told me that he wanted to look at the dragon's so he could know what to ask Santa for. I laughed & told him that Christmas is a long time away. So, we walked down the aisle with all sorts of dragons in it. He loves them. He wanted to hold them & talked to me about each one. Then, he would look at me & ask to get it. I would politely say no & then, he would say, Please mommy...while batting his eyes. Oh my goodness I have a drama king on my hands. He wasn't too happy when I told him to tell all the dragons goodbye. However, he dealt with it. He settled for Juicy fruit gum instead. :-)

Doctor visit...So, we haven't seen a Pediatrician yet in Texas & I really wanted Eli to have his flu vaccine, so...today was Dr. day. I made sure that he was aware of the flu shot before we went & so all day long he was talking about how he would get a shot like Pap-pa does. Well, we get to the Dr's office & he was so excited to play with the "new" toys. Well, when they called his name...oh my goodness...it was like pulling teeth, because he didn't want to get a shot. Once we finally got him back thru the door he weighed 38lbs & is now 39 3/8" tall. I can't believe how much he is growing! He really is turning into a big boy. Well, to make a long story short, we ended up being able to get the flu mist!!! YAY!!! So, we left the Doctors & Eli told me they "from de got" to give me a shot. LOL. Too cute. So, now he is all set up for the Dr's in case we need them.

Tonight was my first Wednesday night since being in Texas going to Church. I joined a women's bible study group that started tonight going through the book When God Pursues a Woman's Heart. It is going to be wonderful! I am so excited to see what God is going to teach me & also learn more about the women in the study. I am confident that God put me there for a reason. The only bad thing is when I go home in March I am going to MISS it! Wow, I'm going to miss Texas!!! I'll definitely keep in touch with the women while I'm home. The best part is, Eli has fun in his class while I get to focus on what God has for me!!! Woo hoo!!!

So, tomorrow is going to be another fun filled day. Elijah goes back to school after his Christmas break! I am so excited for him, but know that I am probably going to have to deal with some crying. I am hoping for the best though. Even though he is getting to bed WAY late for his bed time, I'm sure tomorrow afternoon will be a relax evening at home & probably early to bed for him.

Overall...this first week of the new year has so far been great. I am really looking forward to the great things that God has in store for us. I know that God has great things ahead!

By the way...only 27 more sleeps until my parents are here for the month!!! Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment