Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Wow! 2011 already? It seems like yesterday that we celebrated the year 2000. I must be getting older because time really has flown by!

In looking back at the past decade a lot has happened in my life. Dan & I met in 2000 & were married in 2001, so this decade has been pretty good for me. Life has definitely had it's fair share of ups & downs, but I wouldn't trade them as they have only made me who I am today & allowed me to appreciate the things I do. That, my dear friends, is a blessing! Still, this past year, 2010, brought the most change for our family. It has been trying, fun, scary, exhilarating, amazing, lonely, memorable & so many other things, but most of all I have learned to cherish each moment to the fullest extent as you never know when those moments will change. I am looking forward to what God will do for us in 2011 & looking forward to all the memories we will make.

Last night for New Year's eve we had a great start to 2011. We had received an invitation to join some Church members for a party. Those of you who know me understand that this is a tough thing for me to do. I am a complete introvert/extrovert & have a hard time breaking myself out of my shell, although, I KNOW that I HAVE to do it. Once I do it I realize it is the BEST thing for me. So, Dan & I went. My niece, Sarah, lovingly kept Eli for us all night so that we could really enjoy our time & meet people. Meet people, that is just what I did! I had a BLAST. I met so many wonderful ladies & am completely looking forward to getting to know them throughout this year. I also met a teenage girl who I think will be perfect for babysitting Elijah! I am so excited about this!!! I am not sure why I am always surprised at how God works, but once again He amazed me last night. I have been saying that I wanted to start going to the Wednesday night women's Bible study & I told Dan I would start in January...well, last night God put the lady in my path who is going to be starting a new Bible study starting this Wednesday! Coincidence? Nope. Not at all! Just God! Needless to say, I am really looking forward to this Wednesday night!

I am hoping this New Year will bring many changes for me. Dan & I continue to pray for direction in one big area in our life. We are hoping that God will point & lead the way as we only desire to fill the plan that He has for us. I continue to miss my family & friends at home, but know that God is going to fill my emptiness with much love around me.

Eli has already grown so much since we moved to Texas & I am excited to see the changes that he will have in the next year. I can't believe he is going to be 4! I am sure we are going to see him continue to make more "big boy" changes this year. I will be excited to share them with you. Eli continues to tell us that he wants a friend all the time to live with us. So precious. He is a complete people person. May be because he was constantly surrounded by kids in PA. My social butterfly.

Well, only 1 full month until we have visitors! My mom & dad will be here in February & we are so looking forward to it! We are excited to show them our home & how life is here in Texas.

Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR to the Davis Family from the Marquiss Family. God bless and keep you and I enjoy reading your posts!
    Willa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Beth, before you were born and Brian also, we did experience Texas. For two months while Dad was in recruiting school. I got to go to school for two weeks in eighth grade there. They had a record breaking hot streak of ten days in a row with the temperatures over 110 degrees. It will be nice to see how your life in Texas is though. I want to try to get down there sometime but not in July and August. Happy New Year! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete