Friday, July 15, 2011

Enjoying Life

July 4th week Dan had vacation.  It was so nice to be able to spend time as a family.  Here is a little run down of our time together.

Monday...Dan, Elijah & I went to Moody Gardens in Galveston, TX.  They currently have a Dino Live exhibit going on & we knew that Eli would love it.  We had a great time.  We went to the Dino exhibit & then to an aquarium there.  Eli was convinced that the Dino's were live.  He would not get too close to them.  It was so neat to watch his face with each type of Dino.  The aquarium was cool too.  Eli's favorite part was the sharks.  Who knew my son would be into dangerous animals.  LOL. 

 Dan & Eli at the Dino exhibit

Eli & I in the shark cage
That evening we enjoyed dinner at the Rainforest Cafe' & Eli loved it.  If you have never been to a rainforest cafe it is super kid friendly.  Once again though, we couldn't convince Eli that the animals weren't real.  He was sure that the Elephants & Gorillas were real.  He had to get a picture with the Elephants. 

Our little man definitely enjoys big animals.  He had a great time with all of our adventures on Monday.

Tuesday...we went to Schlitterbahn in Galveston.  There are a couple of these water parks.  This one isn't the largest, however, we had a great time.  Joyce was off work & was able to join us for the day.  This was Eli's first time at a water park.  HE LOVED it!  We had such a great time.  He did much better than I ever expected.  I can only imagine that we will be visiting there more and as he gets older we will be going very frequently.  Here is a picture that we had taken in the lazy river.  All of our favorite!

Wednesday & Thursday we spent around the house.  We had appointments, bible studies & we moved Elijah's room.  He now has a dinosaur room that is very organized!  We got shelves to organize toys & books.  It looks so much better.  Now, if I could just get the rest of the house to look like that.  LOL.

Friday...Aunt Joyce had off, so she took Elijah & spent the day with him.  They enjoyed the zoo & the pool.  They had a great day!!!  Dan & I had the day to ourselves, and wow, it was hard.  I'm not going to lie, it's been so long since we've had a day together, I didn't know what to do.  We did enjoy our time, but I think next time we will be more prepared.  I also think this showed us that no matter what, we need more date nights.  We have to make it a priority.  Eli will survive without us for a night or two sometimes.  In any case, Friday, Eli was spoiled by Aunt Joyce & Dan & I had a day of shopping (of which we didn't buy much of anything) and time together to talk.


It was slightly hot...Eli was cooling off.

Saturday...we went to the CIRCUS!  We had a great time.  Eli wasn't amused for all of it, but he did have a good time.  I think the last time I was at the circus was in the 1st grade.  Yes, that was forever ago.  I think that we adults, Dan, Joyce & I, almost enjoyed it more than Eli.  LOL.  I'm sure we will go again as he gets older.  He did enjoy the motorcycle acts & of course, the Elephants.  BTW--he wants to ride an Elephant. 
...at least he got to ride a fake one.  :-)

That concluded our stay cation.  We had a good time though. 

This week has been good.  For those of you who don't have Facebook I have to share something that Elijah said this week.  His friend Garner was here playing with him & they came out of Elijah's room chewing gum.  I asked the boys if they had asked for the gum.  Eli quickly responded, "Yes!"  I asked them who they asked.  Eli said..."we asked God!"  my response..."and what did God say?"  E: "He said we could have gum!"  I was a little floored.  I am sometimes amazed at the things that come out of his mouth. 

Eli & I have enjoyed a great week.  Dan had to travel again & will be home this afternoon.  Today is his birthday, so we will enjoy a weekend of fun. 

I must say this...I am so thankful for our church.  Elijah loves going & usually asks to go at least 3-4 times a week.  He has his "favorite" people there, of course they are ones that play with him & run with him.  Shocker, I know.  I am so thankful for the men there who are amazing & take care of Eli when Daddy is away. 

Until next time...logging off saying Happy Birthday Dan.  We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment