Thursday, September 29, 2011

One Full Year

It has been a year.  Wow, what a year it has been.  This journey started out as a scary adventure and has turned into something amazing.  The only thing I still dislike after being here for the full year is the fact that I miss my family & friends back home dearly.  Now, in that same breath, the amazing thing that God has done this year, is placed incredible people in my life that I am getting to know more & more with each passing day!  So, all in all, it has been a wonderful year.  Full of adventures, fascination, tears, laughter, nervousness, and many, many more emotions.  All in all, we are BLESSED!

Elijah continues to grow every single day.  I swear that each time I look at him he has grown taller.  His clothes that were big on him at the beginning of the summer are almost too small for him now in length.  He is filling out too.  I love adjustable waists on pants, and I have had to take most of them out about 6 notches lately.  It is crazy how fast it is happening.  I had purchased clothes already for next summer that I am praying will fit him.  The good news is, if they don't, I got them on clearance & I have people who can use them.  Anyhow, it is very neat to watch Eli change.  He is learning so much.  He makes us laugh (or at least chuckle) almost everyday.  Soccer has been interesting for him.  He usually mopes a little on the field & somewhere during the 2nd half will get into the game.  Not sure this will be his thing or not, but, he is at least trying it.  School has been interesting.  He cries every day when I drop him off.  I am praying that this morning will go differently.  One thing I love about my little man is that he can be the sweetest thing ever.  He knows just how to make me smile.  This week he has told me several times how "bluetiful" I am.  I cherish those moments.  We are blessed with him.

Dan has been working in Houston now for 3 weeks.  It has been great.  His parents stopped by to visit while doing some traveling, so it was nice that he was able to work around here to be with them.  Eli also enjoyed spending time with Nanny and Poppy.  It has been nice having Dan home and Elijah sure enjoys having Daddy come home every evening.  I am trying to enjoy these moments & not think about the week that he goes away again, but it keeps haunting me.  Pray with me that God will settle my heart & help us when that time comes.

...so, nothing else to report right now.  Life has been great.  We will continue to look at the blessings every day.  Praying you do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment