Sunday, September 11, 2011

Praising God

God has shown Himself to me, once again, very vividly this past week. I want to give Him the praise for this!

My sister, Alice & her family (husband, Brian & girls, Amanda & Brenna) made a difficult decision to move into my parents home to help them as their age & health have begun to limit them on their capabilities.  My mom & dad began constructing an apartment in the basement of their home.  Through prayer, Alice & Brian decided instead of selling their home on the "market" God was leading them to have a home auction.  You know, sometimes when God makes a way so clear it is easy to follow through until it comes close to the true moment.  However, they trusted that this was clearly what God wanted & He would ultimately take care of them.  He did just that.  This past Thursday their home auction took place.  Praise God, their home sold!  Not for the full price they wanted, but pretty close & they were blessed with an amazing auctioneer.  God clearly had His full hands in this.  Thank you Lord!

My husband...for many reasons, I needed Dan to work from home this week.  We weren't sure this was going to happen, however, Praise the Lord, it did happen!  Dan is working in Houston this week & will be home with us in the evenings!  This is a MAJOR blessing to me.

My back...I had relief.  My pain was minimal.  I was so thankful for the medication & for the healing.  I started physical therapy on Friday.  Oh my.  That was intense.  I also finished my medication Friday.  So, I am so thankful for some low pain days!  Today, as I write this, I am in tremendous pain again.  Trusting that God will heal.

Our Car...we are loaning our car out to a family in need of a vehicle right now, but it was time for inspection.  So, last weekend, we had it while they were away & got the necessary inspection completed.  While it was in for inspection they realized that the Serpentine belt was worn badly & was about to break.  Thank God this didn't happen while someone was driving it.  So, although it was a financial expenditure we didn't expect, we are thankful no one was hurt & that the car went 160,000+ miles before it needed changed!  All good!!!!

Our Church...I can not say enough about the blessing that our church is.  I know without any shadow of a doubt that God brought us to this church.  We are so encouraged by the people in it & the Pastoral staff.  They are so real.  So down to earth.  So loving.  All the friends that we have obtained from the church, we really are so blessed!

Last weekend we had the privilege of keeping 3 girls for the youth pastor & his wife as they traveled with the youth.  Oh, what an amazing time we had!!!  First of all, I LOVED having 3 girls in the house again.  Also, to watch each girl & see their individual personalities shine is amazing.  I sat with amazement at the variety & similarities of the sisters.  Beautiful moments!  Love those girls!!!

The girls, Eli & I dancing! :-)
My little man...he continues to amaze me.  He is growing so fast it is almost uncontrollable.  Tomorrow is his first day of Pre K4.  I can't believe it.  This past Saturday he had his first soccer game.  He was hilarious.  The first half of the game he pretty much watched.  Then, he decided to play.  So, he scored 4 goals.  2 for our team & 2 for the other team.  It's a good thing at age 4 they don't keep score!!!  In any case, I hope that he continues to have fun with this. 

Ready to play his first game!


One of Eli's correct goals!
One thing that made me laugh this week...we were getting ready to go on a play date & I gave Eli his clothes to get dressed & I finished getting myself ready.  That evening as we were getting ready for baths and such, I noticed that Elijah never took off his PJ shorts.  So, all day, my son had on his shorts over top of his PJ's.  Yup, I won the Mom of the year award with that one!  I just laughed about it, because it was over.  I couldn't change it then.  I just know now to check that.  LOL!

Needless to say, our lives have been full of blessings.  I have so much that I always want to tell you on here, but if I typed everything it would be a book (ok, more of a book than it is already) and I want you to keep reading.  So...for now I leave you with this thought:

September 11, 2001 will forever be in our memories.  So many of us can remember where we were & what we were doing when the tragic events started to unfold.  I personally, was working for Shaffer Trucking at the time.  I was a Fleet Assistant.  I was in my seat directly in front of Rick Weber, VP of Operations.  I remember hearing the buzz about the first airplane.  I walked to the drivers lounge to see the TV, about that time the 2nd plane hit the 2nd building.  Phone calls started to come in from concerned families of truck drivers that knew that their loved one was on the way to NYC.  I remember calling my parents asking them if they had the TV on.  Then, for the next several days we relived the moments, view by view on Television.  I knew people who lost loved ones in the towers.  It was heart breaking.  America had been struck.  No matter what we thought about the political realm, at that moment, Americans stood together.  There was no democrat or republican, there was no black or white, etc...we were just Americans.  So, today, we remember.  Our minds are taken back 10 years ago when this Nation was shaken.  Emotionally, physically, spiritually.  We were moved. This day many became heroes.  Men and women sacrificially gave their lives.  Some were spared and thus dealt with another issue from the tragedy.  Guilt.  Since that day, we have had more heroes.  Those who have given their lives fighting for our Country.  We thank you.  We thank all of you.  We pray for the families affected.  We pray for this Nation.  May we continue to be ONE NATION UNDER GOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment