Sunday, March 25, 2012

Gotcha

Four years ago today on March 25, 2008 we walked in the Cumberland County Courthouse.  Dan, Elijah, our Lawyer & myself.  We sat before a judge, just our little family.  We testified and when we heard the words "Elijah Dylaun Davis is now and forever the descendant of Daniel & Beth Davis!"  We were so excited!  The adoption was final!!!  Thus, we have the reason why we celebrate March 25th as our Gotcha day!  So, this year we celebrated a little last night by having some friends over for a cookout & today we enjoyed church & a little time together.  Nothing better than that! 

Even in the tough times we enjoy our precious gift.  Elijah has been a blessings.  Tonight as I tucked him into bed I couldn't help but think of how different life would be without him.  I can't even imagine.  Elijah brings so much to my days.  Sure, I have many moments of tears & frustration, but overall, I am overjoyed with him.  He makes me smile.  He makes me laugh.  He makes me see things in a different light.  I love that little man.

So, in other news...Eli asked for his hair to be poiky.  Yup, poiky.  I had NO clue what he was talking about & then he told me that he wanted it to be high in the middle.  Hmmm....so, Mohawk is what he wanted.  Dan cut his hair & Eli has a Mohawk & now...he is so happy.  He loves it.  I wasn't overly excited that he wanted a Mohawk, but c'mon, it is only hair.  So, why not?  I'm surprised that at 4 years old he is already wanting to express himself in this way, but...it's all good.  He looks adorable!!!



February was a busy month for us.  My sister Alice came to visit. We had a great time & it was nice to have her here.  Then, my parents came.  They hung out with us for a month.  It was nice to have them here & to enjoy them for the month.  Dan was working in Houston for the majority of the time, so that was nice to have him here too.  We had a great time.  My friend Mandy came to visit as well.  We spent the weekend doing all sorts of stuff.  I know that I felt loved.  I feel loved.  I am so thankful for all that came to visit.

We finally broke down & bought a play set for Elijah.  We debated buying it simply because we have one in our development.  However, the truth of the matter came down to there are times when I need to be doing some things at the house & can't take Eli up to the playground.  So, we put one in our back yard so he can head out there and play when I have some things to take care of.  Dan & our PT student friend Leighton took a couple days to put it together & now, it looks great & Eli loves it!

 Dan working away...notice ALL the pieces!
All done!!!!

Another exciting thing that we got to do is experience the Houston Rodeo.  We enjoyed some time viewing the livestock show seeing the animals.  Then, this year we got to see the actual Rodeo.  this was Eli's face when he first saw the Calf Roping...


Needless to say, we had a great time!!!  Eli fell asleep on us, which is VERY unusual.  But, we were okay with it as I got to see Reba!  She does a great concert.  I was so excited!!!  I also got to finally purchase my cowgirl hat!!!

I'm finally a true Texan!

So, we had a great time at the show & looking forward to experiencing MANY more rodeo's over the years.  Thanks to Angela Atkins & her parents for the wonderful time we had!

In other news, we have added an addition to our home.  We got Kylie in November, a blonde haired Shih-tzu.  Well, we were looking for a playmate for Kylie.  We finally found one that we adopted this past week.  Her name is Sassy.  She is a Shih-Poo.  A mix between Shih-Tzu & Poodle.  They are so cute.  They play together so well.  Sassy is 1 month younger than Kylie, so they are perfect together.  As I speak they are laying by me sleeping after having a full day of playing together.  Life is precious.

This was our take home day.  Sassy & Kylie!



So, life has been interesting.  We have had ups & downs.  Dan is back out of the road working.  We are thankful for this in some ways, but obviously we are just thankful for the job & for the Lord's provisions.  I am sure there is so much more I could share with you right now, but for the moment I will spare you all the details.  For now...I send my love.






No comments:

Post a Comment