Monday, November 12, 2012

Nov 12, 2012

I continue to feel blessed every day.  Elijah had school today.  He is in the KIT (Kindergarten in Training) program at Humble First Baptist Church/CDC.  We dropped him off this morning and I got to thinking about his teachers.  I am so thankful for them!  Not only the ones that he has this year, but also the teachers that he has had the past 2 years there.  They have been so kind, so patient, so loving and so helpful in many ways.  I don't take it for advantage when I drop my little man off that there are people taking care of him.  I am thankful for that.  They are creative.  They are intelligent.  They are kind.  They CARE!  I am SO thankful for each one.  Ms. Lela, Ms. Deborah, Ms. Makeda, Ms. Darlene, Ms. Chrissy & Ms. Brenda!

I am also thankful for a teacher he had while we lived in PA. Ms. Susi.  I worked full time while in PA and dropping Eli off in the mornings was NOT my favorite part of my days.  However, Ms. Susi, helped me so much.  I knew that my son would get extra loving in the morning from her.  I knew that he would be played with.  I knew that he would be taught.  I knew that he was WELL cared for.  That was the relief I needed.  We love Ms. Susi.  We still talk about her a lot!  We are so thankful for her influence in our life!

So, today, I say thank you.  Thank you for investing in the life of my son!  Each one of you have left a print on his heart that will not be replaced!

Eli & Ms. Susi. 
We don't have pics with all the teachers, but we love them too!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Wow! I am sitting here, with tears in my eyes. The first happy tears in while, and I needed that after a few tough days. I loved having Eli in my class and still love this little man. He will be in my thoughts forever! I have worked with children for over 30 years, plus a few years of babysitting before that. There are a few children, that will always hold a special place in my heart. Elijah is definately one off them. And not just Elijah, but you and Dan as well! Never a frown on either of those 3 beautiful faces!
    It was always a joy, to see Elijah walking into my classroom in the mornings. I will never ever be able to have a butter toast, without thinking of Elijah! :-)
    Beth, thank you so much for this little post. It means a lot to me. I love and miss all 3 of you. and hope to see you soon!
    All my love to you, Dan and Eli!
    Susi

    ReplyDelete