Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanks Day 17

Today, I am thankful for the simple things in life.  Rather, the things that make life simple! 

Dishwasher...I vaguely remember life without a dishwasher.  I really think that I was too young though to really appreciate the value of it.  Not so much anymore.  I am so thankful for our Dishwasher.  It may be an older model and may be a little noisier than I would like, but I am so thankful for it.  It is a magical thing how I put my dishes in dirty & they come out clean.  Thank you Lord & I seriously mean, THANK YOU LORD!

Washer & Dryer.  Hallelujah!  I can throw in a load of clothes and do other things.  I can forget about a load of towels for a week in the dryer, press the touch up on the dryer & have them come our like new.  LOL.  (shhhhh....don't tell anyone that I do that!)  I know, you can admit that you sometimes do that too!  Seriously, I am really thankful for an automatic washer & dryer.  I do hang some of my clothes to dry, but goodness gracious, I am so glad I don't have to hang them all.  I am also thankful I don't have to individually scrub my clothes.  Goodness....Laundry....Love it! 

Microwave.  I remember our first microwave when I was a kid.  It was HUGE!  Oh goodness, we used it a lot.  Of course, we had to teach my dad how to use it, but wow, it sure made a difference.  Especially when it comes to heating soup or veggies.  How about microwave popcorn?!  Goodness, what a great thing.  Now a days, the microwave best serves me when I need to make my son some hot dogs, chicken nuggets or simply re-heat some food.  I am thankful for this invention.

One more I will mention tonight...Keurig machine.  Okay, okay...so maybe this isn't something to make my life easier, but honestly, I am thankful for it.  One cup of coffee at a time.  Hot & fresh every time....YUM.  Making life simple....YES!  Making life enjoyable?!  YES!!!  Thank you Lord for this!!!!

So many more "simple" things I'm thankful for, but maybe for another day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment