Friday, November 26, 2010

Home Sweet Home

I can just say that Black Friday shopping is most likely out of my league in TX. I have never seen so many people. Okay, correction, I have seen that amount of people in the Philippines Airport around Christmas time. Yup...wall to wall people. People punching people over a game. Really? Wow. The deals aren't this good. Yup. I'm home. I left WalMart completely empty handed. I really am sure that is the first time in my life that I left WalMart without spending money. Oh well, at least I live less than a mile from the store. I was home quickly.

Later today I did decide to head out for a little time by myself. My men stayed home & worked on hanging items in our house to make it feel more like home. It's amazing how having things hung on the wall make it more like home. I really do like our house. I miss a lot of things about our home in Shippensburg, however, this house is definitely becoming our home & there are many things I LOVE about it!

While I was away Dan & Eli began decorating for Christmas. Dan later shared with me that Elijah was so excited running around the house saying it's Christmas time. He stated "Merry Christmas Daddy, Merry Christmas Mommy, Merry Christmas God!" He was so happy to see me when I came home & couldn't wait to show me the tree & have me help them finish decorating it. truth be told, I didn't decorate much. Eli actually did most of it. It was so neat to see.

So...our home is well on it's way to being decorated for Christmas & I must say, I LOVE IT!

Scoot was in the kitchen today. Eli has been having fun with him. Tonight when we were eating dinner Eli just looked at him and was watching him while he ate. It really is cute & although I'm not a big Santa person this has been working out for us. :-)

All in all this day has been wonderful. The deal that I went to WalMart for last night, but didn't get, well, I ordered it online today for the bargain price! I was able to get some other deals online too! I did hit the mall this afternoon & got the deal there that I wanted. I actually enjoyed the crowd there. Christmas cards are almost done & most of them will be in the mail tomorrow.

For now...I'm getting ready to watch Elf with my hubby. I really do enjoy the Christmas season!

No comments:

Post a Comment