Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Days of Christmas

I am going to start this blog out with the fun stuff that has happened to me the past 2 days. On Monday at 9:30PM I received a knock on my door. I was on the computer chatting with a friend & thought my heart was going to explode out of my chest. When I finally built up nerve to go to the door I first looked through the peep hole & didn't see anyone, so I debated even opening it. Well, needless to say, curiosity got the best of me & I opened it to find...

The Fir Tree. It was a rice krispy tree. The paper reads..."The pure green color of the stately fir tree remains green all year round, depicting the everlasting hope of mankind, all the needles point heavenward, making it a symbol of man's thoughts turning toward heaven.
(BTW-after deciding to eat it...it is DELICIOUS!!) Eli & I are loving every bite!

So...last night I wondered...hmmm...will there be a day 2? Well, around 7PM knock on the door...this time I was not so scared, but by the time I got to the door, they were GONE. However, this is what was there...


2nd day The Star...the paper reads...The brilliant star was the heavenly sign of promises long ago. God promised a Savior for the world, and the star was the sign of fulfillment of His promise.

So...I am in awe of this. The pure fact that someone has picked us to do this to is amazing. I have an idea of who it may be, but I am still in shock. Dan told me maybe this was God's way of giving me something to look forward to each night so I didn't focus so much on being "alone" right now. I can't help but feel that is true. I will keep each of you posted on what happens next. I am excited about this! BTW--the star is a metal one...like the one's we had on our house in PA, so...I am so excited about putting it on our home here. Amazing how this has been so encouraging! Whoever it is I pray God blesses them in a great & mighty way!!!

In other news...Yesterday morning Elijah woke me up with pleasant vomiting all over my bed. The night before was rough with him coughing so neither one of us slept well, then that. Well, after that he seemed to be feeling fine. However, we stayed home for the day & enjoyed a day of laundry & a little cleaning. Today he seems to be back to his normal ornery self. Today's temp was 75 degrees & beautiful even with high winds. We joined our friends Julie & little G at the park for a while. I can't believe we were out in flip flops & shorts/carpi's for December 15! Amazing!

After the park we were running errands & Eli seems to be obsessed with snow lately. He asked if we were going to see Mam ma today. I told him no & he just said...I want to see the snow. So, Dan thinks sometime he is in Northern Texas I should go visit for the week so Eli can see snow. We shall see...

Christmas is only 10 days away!!! Good news...Praise the Lord Dan will be home for Christmas Eve!!! WOO HOO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment