Wednesday, January 26, 2011

D, D & C

I thought today I would give you a little update on where the mind of my precious little man is now a days.  He is all on, without a doubt, 100% into the following...

Dragons
Dinosaurs and...
Cooking!!!

Okay, so don't worry, we still have the cars & trucks issues happening & he is playing with his tools, constantly "fixing" something, but he is completely into the above three.  Before I get into those things, today Eli was watching his dragon movie in his room (on his individual DVD player) and I went back to check on him, well, he had made himself a stool, had his tools, had one of his hats on working with his tools.  He told me that he was helping Daddy & working.  I tried to get the camera to get a picture of him, but he was being camera shy today.  It was adorable though.  You will have to take my word for this.

So, we will begin with Dragons.  Since he watched How to Train a Dragon for the first time he has been completely in LOVE with dragons.  Typically there is not a day that goes by when he isn't playing with his dragons in some way.

Cooking.  This has become a new thing at home.  Usually when we go to visit his cousin Maddie he plays constantly with her toy kitchen.  Well, this has come full circle now to home.  Anytime I'm in the kitchen he wants to HELP.  Well, sometimes it is easier than others to let him help.  I know, before you say it, let him help.  I'm trying.  Really, I am.  But, what you have to understand is, I am just myself starting to become more comfortable in the kitchen & really still struggle in that area, so having my little handful in there helping me is a ahhhh moment.  All in all though it has been fun.  Here is a picture of my little man "helping" out.


And then we have Dinosaurs...day and night we hear about dinosaurs.  He told Dan & I yesterday that he was saving his money to buy a certain dinosaur.  I guess this year we will be having a dinosaur birthday.  He has a favorite book at night to be read to him & usually it changes from time to time.  Right now...this is his favorite:

Yup...A-Z dinosaurs!  WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS I THINKING WHEN I BOUGHT THIS BOOK?  Certainly I wasn't thinking of it for a night time story.  Let me tell you, I can't even pronounce half of the dinosaurs in this book.  It is just fun to read it with Eli.  He usually tells me all about them. 

So, there you have it.  My son.  Busy little man.  I'll leave you with one last picture of him after a bath running with his towel.  Yup....this is his energy ALL the time!


No comments:

Post a Comment