Friday, November 30, 2012

Day 30 of Thanks

I felt it would be perfect to end this month with the thing I am most thankful for in my life.

I am thankful that I have a Savior!  I am thankful that God sent His son to be born on Christmas day to die on the cross for MY sins.  Then later to be raised again from the grave on Easter day to live again.  He lives in my heart.  I live for Him.  My Lord blesses me more than I deserve.  I only pray that I can do what He wants me to do.

I am so thankful for the way my parents raised me.  I am thankful for them being sure to tell me, "do unto others as you would HAVE them do unto you!"  Sometimes, it is tough & we want to treat others as they treat us, but we can't do that.  Yes, I know, it may be hard & there are times that we get beat up enough that I believe it is okay to cut the rope.  That is a tough thing to do, but sometimes it is necessary.

So, having said that...I must say a couple more things I am thankful for.

Liberty University.  I am so thankful for this university.  I am thankful that God saw fit to bring it into my life.  Talk about a LIFE changer.  Man, it is crazy how much God worked through my life during my 4 years there.  I grew as a Christian there, I grew as a lady there & I grew intellectually there.  I also gained many friends and have wonderful memories from my time there.  I was truly blessed!

Shaffer Trucking, H&H Chevrolet & Hirschmann...my places of employment while in PA.  I had some incredible boss's at these employers.  I am still in contact with all of them.  Not as often as I would like to be, but I know that they are there.  I learned SO much from each one and it was amazing to have the relationships with them that I did.  I thank God for JR, Sue & Mike.  I also am grateful to each of these places of employment because I met some pretty amazing friends at each one.  When I think about my friends, I have some from each area of my life.  I think that is a true blessing in itself.  I had so much fun working.  Sure, not everyday was fun, but I laughed, I cried, I had encouragement & encouraged, I was helped & helped...I met some wonderful people.  For which I am truly thankful.

One final thing before I end this 30 days of thanks, I just want to say how thankful I am for this journey.  At the beginning I thought this would be a breeze.  Then, part way through the month the devil wanted to attack.  Make me ungrateful for things that really I should be thankful for.  It wasn't always easy, but by the time I finished each blog, I was reminded how great God is to me.  How thankful I should continue to be.  So, I may do a thankful blog here & there.  I think the reminder is always good.  I think that we overlook things way too often (talking about myself first & foremost here), that we should be thankful for.  It is much easier to complain.  It is much easier to just go with the flow & not be content.  But, I am changing that in my life.  I am thankful.  I am blessed.  I have everything I NEED & more.  I may WANT something that I can't get, BUT...I don't NEED it!  So, thank each of you for joining me in this time this November.  I pray that each of you will realize how blessed you are.  Even if you are in need of something, whatever it may be, I pray you will take the time to find something you are thankful for.

God bless each of you!  With Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment