Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thanksgiving Day 7

Today I can't stop thinking about someone very special in my life.  Someone who I most likely wouldn't have known if God would have allowed me to carry a child.  Elijah's birthmother.  I am so thankful for her.  I am thankful for her loving heart.  I am thankful for her caring enough about her son to bless us with him. 

Maybe I am thinking more of her today because of November being National Adoption Month.  Maybe it is because there is not a day that goes by that I don't think of her in some way.  Yup, I do.  I think of her all the time.  I often say there is no other gift that a woman could give another woman than the gift of becoming a mom.  I will never forget that day.  That call when she told me we could come pick up our baby.  When we went into the hospital & she placed him in our arms it was a bittersweet moment.  We were so excited to be parents, but at the same time I knew in my heart what this meant for her.  All I could think was this was the closest thing on earth that I could think of to exemplify God giving his son Jesus on the cross. 

I know that Eli's birthmom has normal aches.  I know she thinks of him.  (We have a semi-open adoption so we do have contact).  However, she knows we are his parents.  I could go on and on about this, but the simple fact is...I am so thankful for her!  I praise God for bringing her into our lives. 

6-22-07...Eli was 2 days old & we were taking him home from the hospital

Elijah & his birthmom--July 2010

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Beautiful story. So happy for you that God had a perfect plan all along to put you and your son together at just the right time!

    ReplyDelete