Friday, November 4, 2016

Adoption Symbol

Did you know there is an adoption symbol??















This picture hangs in our home.  It is truly an inspiration to me.  The triangle shows the sides to adoption.  The three sides of the triangle represent the child, the birth parents and the adoptive parents.  The heart shows they are all connected by love.  This speaks volumes to me!  I love that we all love the child.  It is a constant reminder to me that by the grace of God, I have the privilege to love a child that was birthed by another woman.  I am reminded daily that another woman thinks of my child on his/her birthday, on holidays and on various days of the year.  It helps me be mindful of my child and his/her feelings.  This symbol is a constant reminder to me of my blessed life.  

So, when you see this symbol somewhere....remember what it means.  Keep in mind all that is a part of adoption.  Someday, I will have this symbol tattooed on my wrist.  

Child.  Birth Parents.  Adoptive Parents.  All united in love.  

Gets my heart completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment