Saturday, November 19, 2016

Our 2nd Journey Continues

Birthmom picked us.  She was happy with us.  She was thrilled to place with us and we were super happy!!!!!

I kept in touch with her and even took her to her next Dr. appointment.

In July, Elijah & I flew back North to spend time with family & to be at my sister's wedding.  It was a great trip and I enjoyed being able to talk to my family, especially my mom & dad about our new pending baby.  My dad told me that felt the baby was a girl.

Now, you have to understand something.  My dad is not a psychic, but he often predicted and knew the sex of babies in our family & he was never, I mean never, wrong.  You see, we talked about this issue a lot that weekend.  Mostly because I was getting fever to buy items for the nursery, but I was waiting until we had another ultrasound before I bought anything.

So, this girl who wanted to have 10 boys was all of the sudden really secretly praying for a girl.  Hoping for a girl, but I was excited for a boy.  I knew no matter what we had, I just wanted a healthy baby and that was really important for this.  We prayed and asked many of people to pray that our baby would be healthy.

Beginning of August, I went with birthmom to a Dr. appointment.  She was having an ultrasound.  I was so excited.  I was trying hard not to be overly so, but eeeekkkkk.....I was about to for sure know.  Time seemed to stand still.  In the waiting room I was anxious.  I was ready, but appointments never happen on time, right?!  HA!

Then it happened.  She was called back.  I think I jumped up as fast as I could.  I tried to be patient as she had her vitals taken.  Then it happened.  I heard the heartbeat.  I cried!  I saw the picture on the ultrasound (which by the way----I have NO IDEA how people see everything they see on there).  I was already crying at this point.  It was amazing.

First of all, it was incredible that she allowed me to share this moment with her, but it was also amazing because, although this was my 2nd baby, this was my first time ever being a part of an ultrasound.  I was in awe.

The technician asked if we knew the gender.  Birthmom said, well, the first ultrasound they told me I was having a boy.  Technician looked puzzled and said, well, definitely not a boy.  You're having a girl.  WHAT?!  Eeeekkkkkk!!!!!  I'm having a girl!  A girl!

Sugar and spice and everything nice!  That is all I needed to say!  My dad was right!  So, by this point I was now giddy.  We saw the Dr. next and I am not sure I remember anything he said.  I was too excited.

After the appointment, birthmom and I had some food and then I took her home.  I couldn't believe I was going to have a daughter.  I couldn't believe it, but I was still so scared.  I was so nervous that this would all fall through.  It was tough.

The next appointment we had, the Dr. sent her straight to the hospital.  Her blood pressure was elevated and she needed to be watched.  She ended up staying the night and was released the next morning.

By this point our nursery was starting to come together.  Elijah and Dan had painted her room a bright yellow and the decorations were being placed.

In the meantime we had several people bless us with financial donations and we were overwhelmed.  We hit many potholes in the path to this point, but we kept going.  As scary as it was, we had a peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment